If your GP has referred you for further treatment then please read the following information :
Your GP has referred you for further treatment at either:
- A hospital
- A clinic in the community
- A Treatment Centre
This explains the referral process in Nottingham
What happens next?
The referral support team will contact you and offer you a choice of hospital and help you book your hospital appointment at a date and time suitable for you. If your referral has been sent to a specialist to review one of the following will happen:
- You will be sent your appointment booking information by the post to the address given by your GP Practice. If you would prefer to have your hospital appointment information emailed, then please provide your email address to the support team.
- Please note: you will be asked to provide information in order for the referral support team to identify you.
- The referral support team will call you, on your number provided by your GP practice, to help you book your appointment.
- Your referral will be checked and you will either go straight to the booking stage or your referral will be reviewed by a specialist. More details about each stage are given below
- The specialist will decide the best service for you to go to, for either physical assessment or treatment.
- Your practice will be contacted for further information to help the specialist decide on the best option for your treatment.
- Your GP will be contacted by the specialist and given further advice on managing your condition, without the need for a referral
What do I do now?
Please check that your GP practice has the right phone number so that the referral support team can contact you. You should also inform your GP practice if you are happy to receive text messages from the referral support team.
If you have not heard from the referral support team after 14* days from the date of your initial referral please call the surgery on 0115 9211144 between Mon-Fri 8am -6:30pm. If the referral support team has not been able to contact you within one week of your referral being made your referral will be cancelled.
*Please be aware that some referrals may take longer than 14 days
If you need additional support such as interpreting services or speech to text support please ask your GP to highlight this information in your referral.
This will help to speed up our processes and ensure we can support you in your choice of hospital and your appointment booking.