Covid Vaccine Information
You need to book any new Vaccinations via the the National Booking Service.
If you are eligible for the Covid-19 vaccination please book via the National Booking Service using http://nhs.uk/CovidVaccine or by calling 119.
If you have an existing appointment booked via Swiftqueue, there is no change for your booking as you will still be able to access all your information online or by calling the NHS on 0115 883 4640.
You can find more information in these FAQs Vaccinations bookings move to national booking service - NHS Nottingham and Nottinghamshire CCG (nottsccg.nhs.uk)
Alternatively, as a Rushcliffe patient you can book an appointment at the weekends at 'The Embankment Primary Care Centre' on Wilford Lane. If you are in an eligible cohort Please use the following link: https://www.swiftqueue.co.uk/rushcliff_pcn_c19v.php
If you would like further information on the National COVID-19 vaccination, please visit the NHS website here https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/. Queries relating to the local (Nottingham) COVID vaccination programme can be directed to email@example.com or call 0300 500 80 80.
How to access your COVID-19 vaccination status
From 17 May 2021, people in England who have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 can demonstrate their vaccination status for international travel. A full course is currently two doses of any approved vaccine. Vaccine status will be available from:
the NHS App which you can download from app stores
It may take more than a week for your identity to be checked and verified so you can use this service.
If you cannot access the online services, and you have had 2 vaccines, you can request a paper letter from the NHS by calling 119. Only call 119 if you are due to travel abroad in the near future and have had your second dose more than 5 working days ago. It may take 7 working days for the letter to arrive.
This practice is not able to provide you with a letter that shows your COVID-19 vaccination status.
When you're planning your travel, check the latest information on demonstrating your COVID-19 status when travelling abroad on the gov.uk website. Make sure there is time to get proof of your vaccination status before you leave.
General Coronavirus / COVID-19 Update - practice operational information
The situation is changing rapidly and the surgery needs to make changes to the way it works to accommodate this:
- We ask you to wear a face covering if you are asked to come into the surgery for an appointment. Please refer to the following guidance for further information - Face covering guidance.
- As wearing a face mask has been made a requirement to wear in various public settings, as your GP practice, it is NOT our policy to issue letter of exemption to wear face masks. Government guidance suggests that there is no requirement for an individual to produce evidence of exemption.
- On the 4th July 2020, UK travel advice changed with exemptions for travelling to certain countries and territories that no longer pose a high risk for British travellers. As your GP practice, it is NOT our policy to issue COVID-19 certificates for international travel purposes.
- We have a limited amount of pre bookable GP telephone appointments, reserved for NON URGENT problems, medication reviews or follow up conversations with a GP.
- For URGENT problems we will operate a telephone triage service. Ideally we would like to phone before 10:30am. When you ring, you will be rung back by a clinician and hopefully managed over the telephone where possible.
- This means that if you have a health concern you will need to ring the surgery on the day that you want to be called back on or seen (if necessary). Ensure you give your telephone number.
- If the clinician feels that you need to be seen then they will organise an appointment for you ON THAT DAY.
- We are asking patients not to arrive early at their appointment time so that we minimise time spent in the waiting room. Wait outside the surgery or in your car if you are early.
- We are asking you to stick to the one problem to one appointment so that appointments do not over run.
- We are trying to keep the building as empty as we can for the protection of patients and staff therefore we will control access into the surgery.
- Our priority is the wellbeing and safety of all our patients and staff and we thank you for your patience and understanding at this very difficult time.
- If you feel that you should be on the HIGH RISK Group then please follow this link: https://nottsccg.nhs.uk/vulnerable-adults-faq/
- If you live in Ruddington and require local support/help then you may wish to contact 'help my street' - 0115 9146660
- The Nottinghamshire Coronavirus Community Support Hub brings together the many local volunteer groups offering help with those who are staying at home because of Coronavirus: https://www.nottinghamshire.gov.uk/care/coronavirus/nottinghamshire-coronavirus-community-support-hub
TEST & TRACE- Since the government have introduced the Test & Trace initiative there has been some initial concerns about the security of this service. If you receive a phone call from someone about Test & Trace they will NEVER ask you for any form of payment or personal information. They will phone you only from 0300 013 5000.
PartnersHealth Extended GP Evening and Weekend Opening Hours – Update (as at 2nd March 2021)
Please be advised that the Rushcliffe Primary Medical Weekend Extended Access service will be stop being operational from 1 March 2021.
To support NHSE we are converting the service to a Local Covid19 Vaccination Centre at the weekends from Saturday 6th March.(see above)
We are recognised by the Health Authority and University as a teaching practice. This means that we usually have in post, as a member of the medical team, a Registrar, who is a fully registered Doctor with hospital experience, now specialising in General Practice. At intervals we are also joined by a medical student as part of undergraduate teaching.
We also work closely with Nottingham University to support 4th Year Medical Students. Therefore we may have students with us on a 4 week placement. They will be supervised by a GP and you can decide if you want a student present or not at your consultation.
We now have a new online service available - SystemOnline. To register for the service please come to the surgery with some Photographic Identification.
Get Well, Keep Well
Of course we’re not just here for when you are unwell. Our team of healthcare professionals and back-up staff offer a number of clinics and services to promote good health and wellbeing whatever your medical condition.
We hope you enjoy having a look around the site and familiarising yourself with some of the online features such as ordering a repeat prescription. Whatever your thoughts, be sure to let us know via our feedback function. Comments and suggestions are always a great way of helping us continue to enhance the way we look after you.
The medical centre is centrally situated in the village of Ruddington, close to bus stops and with ample car parking for patients and access and facilities for the disabled.
Changes to your Annual Review
Do you have one or more of the following long term conditions?
- Chronic Kidney Disease
All patients with the above conditions will be recalled by the surgery for their review in the month of their birth. Please wait for a letter or text message from the surgery before booking your review.
When you receive your letter/ text message, please contact the surgery and you will be booked an appointment with the most appropriate member of staff. This may mean an appropriately trained Health Care Assistant and/or a Nurse.
All our patients have a named, accountable GP who is responsible for patients’ overall care at the practice. Your named GP has been allocated to you by the practice. If you wish to know who your allocated GP is, please contact the practice. You can talk to or make appointments to see any of our doctors or nurses, not just your named GP. If you have a preference for a particular GP at the practice, please talk to one of our receptionists. We will do our very best to accommodate your request, although this cannot be guaranteed due to the different workloads of our GPs who work full time and part time.
(Site updated 08/06/2021)