Clinics & Services
In addition to GP consultations the practice offers a range of clinics and healthcare services:
- Family Planning - the practice offers a range of contraceptive services and an emergency service is available during any surgery. Sterilisation and vasectomy advice can also be given.
- Cervical Smears - we encourage all women to attend for regular smear tests. Smears are performed in surgery by doctors and nurses. When booking your appointment, please tell the receptionist that it is for a smear.
- Antenatal Clinics - patients will be seen during normal surgeries by the doctors and at the midwife’s clinic on Thursdays. It is usually arranged for each patient to alternate visits between doctor and midwife, although this may be varied according to circumstances. For more information see below
- Minor Surgery - procedures are carried out under local anaesthetic in the medical centre.
- Well Baby Clinic - held at the medical centre on Thursday afternoons by appointment with the health visitor.
- Child Development Assessment - the health visitors liaise with your doctor and assess the development of all children under the age of 5 to detect any health problems.
- Child Immunisation Clinic - every Thursday morning 9:30am - 11:30am by appointment. See link for advice to parents following your child's immunisations.
- Health Promotion - we firmly believe that preventing illness is better than trying to control or cure it. We offer a variety of health promotion sessions, as advertised on the waiting room notice boards.
- Hearing Aid Batteries - available from reception during opening hours, after 10:30 please.
- Newly Expectant Mothers - if you have just found out that you are expecting a baby, you can book an appointment with the midwife without seeing your doctor first. She is based at Clifton Cornerstone Surgery, please phone 0115 878 6168 between the hours of 9.00am and 5.00pm, Wednesday to Friday to book your appointment. The midwife's advice is to commence taking Folic Acid and Vitamin D, if not already doing so, as soon as your pregnancy is confirmed.
For more information on your pregnancy you might like to download a free app - either Baby Buddy or Pocket Midwife are free and offer lots of helpful advice. Alternatively you can click on the link below to view NHS Choices information on Pregnancy and Birth.